Wild Wings Tailgate
Wild Wing Cafe, 11335 Campbell Lakes Drive in Farragut, will host a pre-game tailgate party Friday. The venue will also have a 150-foot "extreme" screen for watching the University of Tennessee-North Carolina State game. Kickoff is at 7:30 p.m. After-party entertainment will feature singer Tall Paul.
Connie's kitchen is located at 10231 Chapman Hwy.
in Seymour, (865) 577-1992.
Rubber Duck Race
Monday, September 3, 2012
World's Fair Park
Ducks Dropped at 12:02pm
To benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Tennessee Valley, which serves more than 5,000 youth and teens in Knox, Blount, Loudon and North Anderson Counties.
Neyland Drive/Volunteer Landing
Starts at 1pm
WBIR Coverage at 9pm
Fireworks start at 9:30
Event simulcast on Star 102.1 FM
For more information visit www.boomsday.org
Opie Joe/Hugs at Boomsday
Boomsday 2012 is sponsored by Visit Knoxville, Knoxville Tourism and Sports Corporation, WBIR, The News Sentinel, and many other sponsors.
Opie Joe will be breaking a world record too! He'll be seeing if he can beat the World Record for # of Hugs in an Hour! Get to the Q Tent between 2:30-3 to help!
For more information visit www.q93country.com
Q93 Benefit Concert
Thursday, October 25th
Doors Open at 6, Show Starts at 7
Q93 Invites you to the Lost Trailers, Scotty McCreery, & Rodney Atkins Benefit Concert on Thursday, October 25th @ the Valarium. All proceeds to the Helen Ross McNabb Foundation and Bethany of Knoxville. Doors open 6, the show starts at 7! Go to thevalarium.com to purchase your ticket today.
Tickets for the Mike Hammond Concert for Charity will go on sale September 7th. Individuals can visit www.thevalarium.com or www.q93country.com/ for ticket information.
Art Gone Wild
• Art Gone Wild! at Knoxville Zoo is a show and sale of original pieces of art created by the zoo's animals.
• Event date: Friday, September 21, from 6:00 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.
• This is a special after-hours event for guests 21 and up. (Guests will need to show a valid ID at the front gate.)
• Art Gone Wild! attendees can enjoy wine, beer and hors d'oeuvres as
they peruse inspired works by the zoo's "artists in residence" that will be available for purchase.
• The offering includes paintings by
o black bears
o chimpanzees (with special pieces by youngster George)
o Western lowland gorillas
o African elephants
o African painted dogs
o river otters
o African lions
o Malayan and Bengal tigers
o South African penguins
o red river hogs
o Sicilian donkeys
o Hamadryas baboons
o Grant's zebras (new this year!)
o Southern white rhinos
o African crested porcupine
o special works created by multiple animals
o one-of-a-kind hand-painted items
• Guests will also get a chance to see some of the artists at work because the zoo's African elephants will be demonstrating their painting skills.
• Guests will also have the opportunity to watch a special training and enrichment sessions during the event.
• All proceeds from Art Gone Wild! go to fund the zoo's enrichment program.
• Tickets to Art Gone Wild! are $30 per person and are available online at www.knoxville-zoo.org, by phone at (865) 637-5331, at the zoo's ticket window during zoo hours as well as the evening of the event.
• Zoo members receive a $5 discount on tickets.