BKW Seasonings can be found at: Food City, Kroger, Bi-Lo, Fresh Market or online at www.bkwseasonings.com
6th Annual Pet Memorial Celebration and PAWtluck Dinner
Sponsored by the University of Tennessee College of Veterinarian Medicine's Veterinary Social Work Program
Sunday, Sept 9 (rsvp by Thursday, Sept 6)
Hollingsworth Auditorium on the UT agricultural campus
865-755-8839 for more info or to RSVP
Tennessee Valley Fair
Give Back at the Fair
• Medic Regional Blood Drives - September 4-7. Donate blood at one of Medic's Community Drives or Donor Centers and receive a free admission. Medic Regional Blood Center is East Tennessee's sole provider of blood and blood products, supplying 21 counties and 27 area hospitals. Blood shortages occur during the summer months and Medic currently has a need for all blood types.
• Hair at the Fair - September 7, 8, 15 & 16. Great Clips Salons will provide free haircuts to fairgoers in exchange for donations to benefit East Tennessee Children's Hospital. As a Comprehensive Regional Pediatric Center, East Tennessee Children's Hospital offers full capabilities to care for seriously ill children in a unique pediatric environment.
• Paint the Fair Pink Day - Sunday, September 9. All proceeds from activities benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Knoxville Affiliate. The majority of funds stay in East Tennessee to fund grants to local hospitals and community organizations that provide breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment programs for medically underserved women.
• Love Kitchen Day - Sunday, September 9. $1 from the sale of each all-you-can-ride wristband will benefit the Love Kitchen, which provides meals, clothing and emergency food packages to homebound, homeless and unemployed persons.
• Hometown Heroes Day - Sunday, September 16. A portion of the proceeds from each ticket sold to the Sawyer Brown concert at 8 p.m. will benefit HonorAir Knoxville. HonorAir Knoxville's goal is to fly as many East Tennessee World War II and Korean War veterans to Washington D.C. to see the memorials built in their honor.
For more information visit www.tnvalleyfair.org