• One 6-ounce can black olives, drained
• One 6-ounce jar pimiento-stuffed green olives, drained
• 2 stalks green onions
• 1 stick butter, at room temperature
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 12 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
• 1 loaf crusty French bread, sliced lengthwise
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Roughly chop both the black olives and pimiento-stuffed green olives. Slice the green onions into thin pieces.
Combine the butter, mayonnaise, cheese, olives and green onions in a mixing bowl. Stir together until thoroughly combined.
Spread the mixture onto the French bread. Bake until the cheese is melted and browning, 20 to 25 minutes.
Cook's Note: The mixture can also be refrigerated (up to 2 days) and used as a dip. Great with crackers!
Presented by: Kay Jones