Black Bean & Zucchini Quesadilla Recipe:
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 3/4 cup finely shredded zucchini (squeeze out the water)
- 2 finely chopped jalapenos
- 4 (6-inch) corn or whole wheat tortillas
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
1. Combine beans and salsa in a small bowl; mash with a fork. Shred zucchini and squeeze out the water. Combine zucchini and jalapenos with bean mixture.
2. Layer 1 tortilla with half the bean mixture, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese (or liberally if you enjoy cheese), and top with another tortilla. Repeat with remaining tortillas, bean mixture and cheese.
3. In broiler, toaster oven or on stove top with a little oil, cook quesadillas 1-2 minutes on each side until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Presenter: Knox County Health Dept.
Date Aired: June 20, 2013