2 8 oz Salmon Filets, skin off
4 tbsp Blackened Redfish Magic seasoning blend (or your favorite blackening spice/Cajun seasoning)
3 tbsp Minced red onion
1 large diced Roma tomato
12 Green asparagus spears, sliced on angle
Clarified butter or EVOO or Vegetable oil, or pan spray
Salt and Pepper
Hot pasta or rice as side, if preferred
- Pour blackening seasoning on a plate or a piece of wax paper. Dredge both sides of salmon filet in seasoning to coat.
- On stove top heat a small sauté pan, and a larger one that will fit both filets with some room. Add a little oil to the small one, and enough to barely cover the bottom of the larger pan.
- Sear one side of filets in sauté pan; tilt pan and spoon butter/oil up on top of fish to help seasoning stick.
- While salmon is searing, toss onion into smaller sauté pan until just softened. Stir in asparagus until sizzling. Add tomato and cook until just heated. Season with salt and pepper. Turn heat off.
- Turn salmon and cook until the center flakes easily. If your filet is very thick, you can finish it in a 350 degree oven for 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon desired side onto plate, lean salmon filet against it, and spoon half of the sauté over the top. Serve with lemon wedges.
Presented by: Hana Colvin
Sous Chef, Hilton Knoxville Airport
Air date: July 5, 2013