1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
½ tsp. minced fresh tarragon
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups mixed baby greens or arugula
¾ C white beans, rinsed
½ cup roasted red pepper, diced
1/4 cup chopped red onion
6 oz high quality tuna fillet, seasoned with salt and pepper
1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
• Whisk first 4 ingredients in small bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
• Pre heat a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp oil and sear tuna on all sides to desired temperature. Chill and slice into six pieces for service.
• Toss greens in large bowl with enough dressing to coat. Place greens in center of 4 plates.
• Toss beans, red peppers and onion in medium bowl with enough dressing to coat.
• Top greens with bean mixture, then tuna, dividing equally. Garnish with olives, drizzle remaining vinaigrette and serve.
Presented by: Chef Mark McKinney, UT Medical Center
Air Date: July 25, 2013