-To really cut down on time, cut all your veggies ahead of time and store in the fridge.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yields: 2 - 4 people
2 - 4 Ezekiel sprouted tortillas (1 or 2 whole tortillas depending on the person)
1 large organic red onion
3 - 4 cloves of garlic
1 jar of organic marinara sauce of your liking
14 - 16 oz. fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp organic coconut oil
1. In a non-stick skillet on medium heat saute onions and garlic in coconut oil until lightly browned or caramelized. Remove from pan and set aside for later use.
2. Place one tortilla in the skillet on medium high heat.
3. Add marinara sauce to liking.
4. Evenly spread shredded cheese over the tortilla to cover. Let melt.
5. As the cheese melts add the sauteed onions and garlic evenly across the tortilla. Once fully melted remove skillet from heat. Let cool and rest to the side.
6. Chiffonade or tear, then sprinkle fresh basil on top of the "pizza-dilla". Serve and enjoy!!
This pizza-dilla is healthy food on a dime. You can serve this warm or cold. Cut into 2 1/2" squares to serve as an appetizer. Substitute cheese with vegan cheese, pesto or hummus. Add any amount of veggies desired!
Presented by: Brianna Lamberson