Katherine Killen, Knox County
- 5 ears of corn, shucked
- 4 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup of red onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the corn for 3 minutes, or until the starchiness is gone.
Drain and submerge the corn in ice water to stop the cooking.
When the corn is cool, cut the kernels from the cob.
Toss the kernelsin a large bowl with halved tomatoes, chopped onions, vinegar and olive oil.
Season to tase with salt and pepper.
Before serving, toss in the basil.
Serve either cold or at room temperature.