Yield: 6 servings, 5 per serving, 30 total
Roasted chicken, cold, pulled 4 LBS (8 cups)
Garlic salt 1 TBS
Pepper 1 tsp
Chipotle sauce, cold 1 CUP
Sour cream ½ CUP
Green chiles, fresh roasted, diced 3 CUPS
Flour tortillas, 5" 30
Creamy Jalapeño 16 OUNCES
Pico de gallo 1 CUP
1. Shred the chicken by pulling it apart by hand. The pieces should not be uniform in size or shape.
2. Season chicken with garlic salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
3. Mix the cold chipotle sauce, sour cream and green chiles in a separate bowl
4. Gently incorporate chicken with filling mixture
1. Use fresh, 5" flour tortillas
2. With your hands take 2 TBS of filling and spread it in a line horizontally across the tortilla, just below the center line of the tortilla, and roll, leaving sides un-tucked.
3. Place a toothpick in the center of the taquito to keep from opening.
4. Fry the taquitos for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Internal temperature of chicken should reach 165?. Drain properly on paper towels.
Taquitos Plate Presentation
1. Lay taquitos side by side on your plate over a large leaf of lettuce.
2. Drizzle with Creamy Jalapeño and top with pico de gallo
3. Serve with rice and refried beans.
4. Yield is 6 servings with 5 taquitos per serving.
Presented by: Chuy's