The gates will open at Midnight--6 1/2 hours before clinic services start--for a RAM Clinic this weekend in Chilhowee Park.
Around the country, Remote Area Medical holds clinics to provide medical services for those who are uninsured and can't otherwise afford them.
And each time, folks line up early, and the lines stretch out the door.
If you need medical help, here's a timeline for the clinic:
- The gates open at the stroke of midnight Friday night/Saturday morning.
- Volunteers will begin distributing numbers for service at 3:30 a.m.
- Clinic services will begin at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- Services on Saturday run until 6 p.m. On Sunday, they run until 2 p.m.
- Volunteers will be providing general medical, dental, and vision services to those who need them.
- The event will be held in the Jacob Building at Chilhowee Park.