Woman carried out of house fire, sent to hospital

10:59 AM, Jan 6, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

A woman was sent to Park West Hospital for observation after a firefighter carried her out of her burning home early Sunday morning.

Just before 5 a.m., Knoxville fire crews rushed to the home on Circle Hill Drive off Sutherland Avenue and found the woman's daughter outside.

Master Firefighter Kevin Baldwin went in to rescue the woman's mother, who was the homeowner.

Investigators believe the fire may have been started by smoldering embers that the homeowner reported throwing down a fireplace "clean-out" chute into the basement.

It took crews an hour to put out the flames, which had traveled between the walls and into the attic space where it breached the roof .

No firefighters were injured.

Most Watched Videos