Here are some more details about the events and guests featured on Monday's Live at Five at Four.
Dead End BBQ
Dead End BBQ is located at 3621 Sutherland Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37919.
For more information on Dead End BBQ's menu or catering options, call (865) 212-5655 or visit their website.
Run for the Schools 5K
The Knoxville Zoo will host the fifth annual Rusty Wallace Honda Run for the Schools 5K on Saturday, March 2.
The event includes a 5K run and walk, a 100-yard dash and a one-mile family fun walk through the zoo.
Runners and walkers also receive free admission to the zoo on the day of the race.
For more information, or to register, visit the Run for the Schools website.
Brass band visits UT
New Orleans-based Hot 8 Brass Band will perform on the University of Tennessee campus at 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25, as part of Black History Month.
The performance will take in the Carousel Theater.
Tickets cost $10 for non-UT students.
Children's Theatre of Knoxville is putting on performances of the classic fairy tale "Sleeping Beauty" through March 2.
The next performances are set for Thursday, Feb. 28 at 7 p.m., Friday, March 1 at 7 p.m. and Saturday, March 2 at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Tickets cost $12 per person. An adult and child combination discount is available. An adult and child who enter together may be admitted for $10 each.
The theatre is located at 800 Tyson Street, Knoxville, TN 37917.
For more information, call (865) 599-5284 or visit the Children's Theatre of Knoxville website.
Sharing Family Meals
The Knox County UT Extension Office offers the following suggestions as conversation starters for a family meal:
1. What makes certain people popular at school/work?
2. What was your favorite family vacation and what made it your favorite?
3. What or who makes you giggle and why?
4. What is something you want to learn how to do and why?
5. What are some reasons young people may start using alcohol?
6. Who should make the decisions that affect your health and well-being and why?
7. What stresses you out? When you are under stress, how do you react? What is a healthy way to deal with stress?
8. How can adults show respect to children and teens?
9. In what ways is respect shown/not shown in our family?
10. What are some reasons someone might pressure his or her friend to drink?
11. Under what circumstances do you find it hard to say no?
12. What is something you would like to improve about yourself?
13. How would you convince a friend not to use alcohol and/or drugs?
14. How do you feel about consequences for something you've done?
15. What makes you angry and how do you express anger?
16. How do you know when you can trust another person?
17. Do you learn more when you win or when you lose? In what way?
18. What is the most important thing in being a good friend?
19. What do you think is the best age to be? Why?
20. Describe your dream house.
21. On a scale of 1-10 how busy do you feel your life is (10 being the most busy)? Why?
22. On a scale of 1-10 how busy is your family (10 being the most busy)? What changes would you like to see?
23. What is something you would like to do this year?
24. What is the best or worst thing about being my age?
25. Which is worse: too many or not enough rules? Why?
26. What is the toughest thing about being a kid/grown-up/parent?
27. My dream job/career is... Why?
28. If I could change something at school/work it would be...
29. What teacher will you remember and why?
30. Describe your perfect day. Where would you be, who would you be with, and what would you be doing?
31. Describe something that happened to you today.
32. What are you thankful for?
33. What qualities would you want in a future spouse/partner?
34. What is your first memory?
35. What are reasons people may choose to smoke?
36. What makes someone a good leader? Describe someone you know who is a good leader.
37. What is your most valued possession? Why?
38. What is the most difficult thing you have ever had to do?
39. If you were a billionaire what would you do with all of your money?
40. What is the hardest thing about being a boy or girl in this society?
41. What is the best or worst thing about being the oldest/middle/youngest/only child in the family?
42. What's good about a rainy day?
43. What is something (not someone) that bugs you?
44. Describe an adventure you would like to have this year.
45. If you knew you would be stranded on a desert island for a year, what things would you bring with you?
46. Describe what it is like at your school/job.
47. Describe what you like about your job/school.
48. What is something unique about you or our family?
49. What will you be doing in 10 years? What kind of person do you think you will be?
50. What is something you want to learn more about? Why?
51. What is your favorite season and why?
52. Something I wish my family would do more of is...
53. What things/people make you happy?
54. If you could ask the president any question, what would it be?
55. Something really important to me is...because...
56. Something I wish I could change at school/work is...because...
57. When you're not hungry, what makes you want to eat?
58. What are reasons some kids get picked on at school?
59. What would you do or wish you could do when someone is being picked on?
60. What do you think it's like for someone to be different at school?
61. What do you think it's like for someone to be pregnant in high school?
62. What is your favorite physical activity and why?
63. What do you think makes a person a success?
64. Describe a bully that's at your work or school.
65. How has advertising affected the way you dress/eat?
66. What can a parent do to make their kids feel more confident?
67. What do you think are the two biggest reasons students get angry at each other?
68. Not counting physical differences, how are girls/boys different from each other?
69. What's a really nice thing that someone has done for you?
70. If your best friend started saying mean things about another friend, how would you respond?
71. What do you like to do when you're feeling really happy?
72. When you grow up, what is the first thing you want to do?
73. What makes you feel good about yourself?
74. __________________________________(you decide what to talk about)
75. __________________________________(you decide what to talk about)
76. __________________________________(you decide what to talk about)
77. What do you think makes a marriage happy?
78. Name two strengths you have.
79. How do you think your teachers see you?
80. What are the gifts my brother/sisters/parent brings to our family?
81. What do kids say about boyfriends and girlfriends at school?
82. What kind of teasing goes on at school?
83. If you just got married, how would you divide up the housework?
84. What have you heard about smoking and drugs at school?
85. When do you think you should be allowed to see PG-13/R rated movies?
86. When you feel scared, what can you do?
87. How old should someone be in order to play Teen or Mature video games?
88. What might make some kids/adults dress differently?
89. What makes you angry?
90. Describe something that was a challenge for you
91. What are some possible reasons that kids might start using drugs?
92. What do you think is (might be) the hardest thing about being a parent? A kid?
93. What do you think is the best thing about growing old? The worst thing?
94. What do you remember about your first day of school/work?
95. What would it be like to be very poor?
96. What would it be like to be very rich?
97. What is the meanest thing someone has done to you?
98. If you could trade places with your sibling or parent, what do you think you would you like about their life?
99. Who did you talk to or sit with at lunch today?
100. What are some of the activities other kids are involved in at school?
101. What would be good about wearing uniforms to school?
102. If you could ask the President one question, what would it be?
103. What does it mean to be a risk taker? What risks are worth taking? Which ones are not?
104. Describe a healthy dating relationship? What are warning signs of an unhealthy dating relationship?
105. What age is a good age to begin dating?
106. What's the difference between being "in love" and having a crush on someone?
107. What food could they not pay you enough to eat?
108. If you had to eat only one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
109. Name some times when keeping a friend's secret could be dangerous?
110. How can you tell the difference between a healthy friendship and an unhealthy one?
111. Would you rather be known for being good looking, athletic, or smart? Why?
112. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one ability or quality, what would it be?
113. If you could pick a super power for the day what would it be?
114. If you were given $1,000 to use to help other people, how would you spend it?
115. If you had to pick a new first name for yourself, what would you choose?
116. If you could set your allowance, how much would it be? Why that amount?
117. How do you think TV might affect kids? What do you think are the best TV shows for kids?
118. Respond to this statement: "attitude is everything"
119. Something kind I did today was...
120. What makes someone a good citizen? Why or why not?
121. Would you rather age well physically or mentally? Why?
122. Would you prefer to be considered naturally talented or hardworking? Why?
123. What one event has changed your life more than anything else?
124. Who is your biggest hero? What makes them your hero?
125. When is a time you did something for a stranger just to be nice?
126. What do your parents (or kids) do that embarrasses you?
127. What are some benefits of getting to know people who are culturally, racially different?
128. If someone told a racist joke that made you uncomfortable how would you react?
For more information on the UT Extension Office, visit their website.