More than two dozen West Knoxville apartment residents had to evacuate their homes after electrical problems surfaced in their building Monday night.
Fire crews responded to the report of a possible fire at the Walbrook Studio Apartments. When they arrived, they discovered there wasn't a fire, but an electrical service panel had overheated.
Officials evacuated the building until the issue could be fixed.
The American Red Cross responded to make sure the residents had a place to go.
Apartment managers have placed some residents in unoccupied units for now. Others are staying with friends or family in the area.