LIVE VIDEO: 10 News Daybreak    Watch
 

Man accidentally sets clothes on fire while cooking

9:37 PM, Dec 11, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

A man is in the hospital after he accidentally set his clothes on fire while cooking. It happened just before 7 p.m. on the eighth floor of Broadway Towers in North Knoxville.

Knoxville police say the victim is a 60-year-old man. They say he caught fire near the store.

The man is at UT Medical Center and will likely be sent to the Vanderbilt Burn Center.

No one else was hurt, and no other apartments were affected.

Firefighters say 50 percent of all residential fires start as a result of cooking.

Most Watched Videos