Update: Shock sends electrical worker to the hospital

3:28 PM, Jan 4, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Update 2:50 pm  Officials have identified the victim as David Sprinkle, 38.  He was treated for burns to his hands and arms.

Previous story

An electrical worker was sent to the hospital after being shocked  while working at a local Food City store.

According to the Knoxville Fire Department, the accident happened around 10:30 Friday morning at the Food City on Loves Creek Road in East Knoxville.

Firefighters on the scene said the man, who was a contractor for Massey Electric, was working to install a new breaker at the store when he was shocked.

The man was able to walk to an ambulance, which took him to the hospital for treatment.  His name and current condition have not been released.

Power was knocked out to the store, but no one else was hurt.


Most Watched Videos