Dog dies in South Knoxville fire that may have been started by kerosene lamp

10:09 PM, Mar 4, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

A man is okay, but one of his dogs died in a South Knoxville fire Monday evening.

KFD was called around 6:30 to a home on Magazine Road. Firefighters say the home was fully engulfed when they arrived.

The owner was living there with two of his dogs without electricity. He says one of the dogs may have knocked over a kerosene lamp. The owner was not home at the time the fire started.

Firefighters found a poodle dead inside the home. A second dog got out alive.

Most Watched Videos