LIVE VIDEO: 10 News Daybreak    Watch
 
 

Man burned in Fountain City house fire

2:47 PM, Mar 23, 2013   |    comments
  • Courtesy: Mike Glover
  • Courtesy: KFD Captain Daniel Corcoran
    
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Knoxville firefighters said a man drove himself to the hospital with first degree burns after a fire sparked at his Fountain City home.

The fire started on Fair Drive around 8:30 a.m. Saturday after the home owner said he was turning on a propane heater. Officials said he may have cross threaded the propane cylinder on the portable heater, letting vapors in the room,  which were likely ignited by the heater.

A neighbor, said he heard an explosion and noticed two front windows had blown out.

The home owner had burns to his face and arms.

Fire officials said people should use caution when operating heaters, and should follow the manufacturer's instructions and suggestions.

Most Watched Videos