A woman has died after a mobile home fire in Dandridge.
Crews got the call just after 7 o'clock Thursday evening and responded to the home on Applewood Way. They found 66-year-old Gloria Aguilar, who had a disability, inside the home.
Emergency responders performed CPR and took her to Jefferson Memorial. She later died at the hospital.
Farrow Funeral Home is handling the arrangements.
Friday, Dandridge firefighters and the state fire marshal determined the fire started in the kitchen. Authorities found two smoke detectors in the home, but they didn't have any batteries in them.
Previous story (March 28, 2013)
A fire at a mobile home in Dandridge sent a senior citizen to the hospital on Thursday.
Just after 7 o'clock, crews were called to the home on Applewood Way. They found the woman, who has a disability, inside the home.
Emergency responders performed CPR, and the fire chief says she was alive at the hospital with her family.
No one else was hurt.