To learn more on Southern Food Writer Chadwick Boyd, visit his Lovely and Delicious Website
Chadwick Boyd will take part in the Southern Food Writing Conference May 16 & 17 in Knoxville and is part of the International Biscuit Festival.
Thursday May 16th, 2013
Southern Food Writing Conference
9 am to 4 pm East Tennessee History Center
6 pm Dinner at Blackberry Farm
Friday May 17th, 2013
Southern Food Writing Conference
8 am to 4 pm The Square Room
Biscuit Bash Event
7:00 pm The Southern Depot
Saturday, May 18th, 2013
Biscuit Boulevard Tasting Area
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Biscuit Bazaar Vendor Area
9 am - 5 pm Clinch Avenue
Blackberry Farm Biscuit Brunch Buy Tickets Here!
11 am Krutch Park Tent
Biscuit Bake Off
12 pm The Biscuit Big Top Tent
Miss and Mr. Biscuit Pageant
3 pm Krutch Park Tent
For more information visit http://biscuitfest.com
Kerbela Shriners Paper Sales
Get Out More
The pages of Backpacker Magazine come to life when the Get Out More Team visits the Mast General Store in Downtown Knoxville on Tuesday, May 14th at 6 p.m. This interactive mobile media and education outreach program is designed to inspire readers and encourage participation in active outdoor pursuits. The 2013 Get Out More Tour is celebrating Backpacker Magazine's 40th anniversary.
Knoxville Cornhole Tournament
American Cornhole Organization
Saturday, May 18
Wild Wing Cafe
11335 Campbell Lakes Dr.
Farragut, TN 37934
P: (865) 777-WING (9464)
F: (865) 777-WILD (9453)
• This Saturday, May 18, competitors and spectators will gather at the Wild Wing Café for the $5,000 Wild Wings Cafe American Cornhole Organization (ACO) Knoxville Cornhole Open from 10:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
• The first-time Knoxville event will bring more than 300 cornhole players from across the region for the one day tournament
• Cornhole is a game in which players take turns tossing one pound bags at a raised platform with a hole in the far end. This game originated in backyards and has elevated to nationally organized tournaments and leagues.
• ACO is the governing body to the sport of cornhole and has launched a national campaign to running organized tournaments across the country.
• The event will feature Miller promotional girls from the official beer sponsor, Miller Lite and will include a live broadcast from Tennessee Sports Radio anchored by local celebrity Erik Ainge
• More information can be found at www.americancornhole.com
Ijams Nature Center
Friday, May 17, 7 p.m.
Cocktails from the Garden at Ijams
(Adults) Join the staff of Ijams Nature Center for an evening of "social irrigation" as we mix up tasty fresh-from-the-garden beverages. From margaritas and manhattans to cosmos and coladas, we'll use produce and herbs to put a fun twist on some old favorites. We'll even raffle off a basket with ingredients for your own cocktail garden. The fee for this program is $20 for members and $25 for non-members. Pre-payment is required for this program in order to guarantee materials. Please call (865) 577-4717, ext. 130 for payment and registration.
Saturday, May 18, 9 a.m.
Wagging Walk at Ijams with Dr. Louise
Grab your favorite four-legged friend and join Ijams' own veterinarian, Dr. Louise Conrad, as she walks her own canine companions. She'll review good doggy etiquette at the park and help owners understand the special safety concerns for dogs in nature. The fee for this program is $5 for non-members and free for members. Please call 865-577-4717, ext. 110 to register.
Saturday, May 18, 10 a.m.
Ijams Birding Series: Chat-About
(Ages 12 and up) Explore part of Knoxville's Urban Wilderness. Forks of the River Wildlife Management Area is state land with lots of open meadows ideal for birding, perfect habitat for yellow-breasted chats. Join naturalist Stephen Lyn Bales, as he regales tales from the outdoors as you search for the feathered residents of the park. You're sure to enjoy the beautiful scenery, laugh a little, and even learn a bit about birds. The fee for this program is $5 for non-members and free for members. Please call 865-577-4717, ext. 110 to register. Note: Due to limited parking, we will meet at Ijams Nature Center and then carpool to the South Knoxville location.