Lonsdale house fire injures 2 residents, 2 dogs

8:21 AM, May 22, 2013   |    comments
  • Dog treated for smoke inhalation after Lonsdale house fire. 5/22/13
  • KFD responds to fire on Mass. Ave in Lonsdale that injured 2 residents and 2 dogs. 5/22/13
    
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Two people are in the hospital Wednesday morning after suffering injuries from a house fire.

Around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday, Knoxville police were sent to a home on Massachusetts Avenue in the Lonsdale Community for a disturbance call.

When officers arrived on scene, they found a man trying to put out a house fire with a garden hose.

The man told them that a person was inside the home, so they went in and were able to get that person out.

Once on scene, firefighters were able to quickly put out the fire.

The man trying to put out the flames with a hose and the woman trapped inside were taken to UT Medical Center for smoke inhalation and minor injuries.

Two dogs were also treated for smoke inhalation. 

 Fire investigators believe it started at the front of the house in an electrical outlet.

Most Watched Videos