Written by The Tennessean
A group of World War II veterans from Tennessee will receive the Legion of Honor from France for their roles in liberating the nation from oppression in 1944-45, at ceremony scheduled in Nashville next week.
Veterans who have confirmed their presence include:
• Bernard E. Meier - Smyrna.
• James L. Springer - Columbia.
• Ivy C. Agee - Gordonsville.
• William D. Moon - Chattanooga.
• Herman L. Finnell - Harrison.
• Kenneth A. Kittinger - Madison.
• Kenneth G. Bush - Nashville.
• James R. Massengale - Hixson.
• Forde L. Callis - Ridgetop.
The ceremony is scheduled for 1:30 p.m., July 9, at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel in Nashville.